How we access and why
What would life be like without social networks today? It seems impossible to imagine a life without them, as they reflect real life more than we realize. Originally born to bring people closer together, social media platforms have altered our habits dramatically. They are essential parts of our everyday life, because they allow people to connect with anybody, get news, as well as stay up-to-date on the latest trends and they are also used for business purposes.
Not only individuals adopt them but also companies are increasingly approaching to social media world. This powerful, virtual tool is used to do business and emerge in an extremely competitive, consumer-oriented market. Accordingly, the consumer is the exigent protagonist of fast and real-time interactions.
Companies interact and share content on social media to stay in touch with an infinite number of potential clients, connected on their mobile device. A unique occasion to build up new relationships, secure loyalty and create brand awareness that means increasing the business growth.
‘We Are Social’ annual report confirms this trend and reveals that:
- the number of social media users in 2018 is 3.196 billion, up 13% year-on-year
- Facebook’s core platform still dominates the global social landscape, with 2.167 billion monthly active users, followed by YouTube – 1,500 billion MAUs, Instagram – 800 billion MAUs, Tumblr – 794 million MAUs, QZone – 568 million MAUs, Twitter 330 million MAUs and LinkedIn 260 million MAUs.
- the favourite devices are smartphones and tablets; in fact, 9 in 10 of those users access their chosen social media platforms via mobile devices, that is to say 2.958 billion users.
Content is king
Integrating a social media strategy is no longer optional, it’s a must, and although it’s not enough! Your marketing plan must include compelling content. This will allow you to gain visibility and increase the brand awareness.
All too often, people undervalue the contributions made by visual content. People remember 20% of what they read and 80% of what they see. That’s why images and videos strengthen the relationship between brand-user, encouraging immersive experiences.
Social networks confirm that:
- more than 300 million of people share Stories on Instagram every day – source Instagram
- users prefer live videos and mobile-friendly storytellings – source Facebook
It is estimated that:
- increasingly, consumers will view videos on mobile devices, in 2018 – source Zenithmedia
- internet video will account for 79% of global internet traffic by 2020- source OOYALA
- instagram Stories will be used to create compelling ads – source Instagram
Social media can have both benefits and trouble. Being present on more channels could be complicated, especially if you don’t have an integrated management tool for the different pages and you have decided to reach your audience through both paid and organic distribution.
Paid ads allow you to reach a greater number of followers and allow brands to interact with the community, generating engagement and obtaining immediate feedbacks, useful to encourage conversions.
In fact, with Social Ads you can reach only people interested in your products.
You just need the appropriate skills and tools. Don’t worry, a right strategy will add value to your brand visibility and positioning.
Simply follow the steps below:
- set a strategic plan by defining concrete goals that follow the rules of each channel
- define your target audience in order to diversify the offer and optimize the campaign budget
- customise the communication with relevant and exciting content
- monitor the trend of organic posts and paid ads
- automatic scheduling of social networks posts
- campaign monitoring and stats
- sentiment analysis
- ROI measurement
In conclusion, the right technology and a well-defined strategy secure a significant increase of engagement and followers, a higher brand awareness and an effective real-time management of users’ requests. You will be capable of providing clients with immediate answers and tailor-made solutions.